Saturday, January 13, 2018

Crochet Thin Blue Line Scarf Pattern

Finally, here it is! The thin blue line crochet scarf. Requested by many, I finally got around to posting it! We moved a few months back and my crochet notebooks with all my notes and patterns were
no where to be found. I have them now, and decided to clean up the notes so they make sense. (This is the first time I attempt to to do it!) I'm sure you know what I mean by that. :) We crochet lovers start a project and begin writing down the notes and make it as simple as possible, with abbreviations only we know what they mean. Then we just stop writing the pattern all together because we are in a groove and we just can not stop crocheting. So, enough with the talk, let's get into the pattern!!!!

CROCHET THIN BLUE LINE SCARF


6.5 mm hook
Red Heart Super Saver Yarn

You can make it as long as you want, just keep chaining until it reaches your desired length.

With grey heather yarn begin chaining....chain 2's do not count as a stitch in this pattern.

R1: Ch 187, hdc in the 3rd st from the hook and in every st across.

R2: Ch 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R3: Ch 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R4: Ch 2, turn work, hdc in each st across. (Change yarn to black before finishing last st or your preferred color change method.)

With black yarn begin row 5....
R5: Ch. 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R6: Ch. 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R7: Ch. 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.  (Change yarn to royal blue before finishing last st or your preferred color change method.)

With royal blue yarn begin row 8....
R8: Ch. 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R9: Ch. 2, turn work, hdc in each st across. (Change yarn to black before finishing last st or your preferred color change method.)

With black yarn begin row 10....
R10: Ch. 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R11: Ch 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R12: Ch 2, turn work, hdc in each st across. (Change yarn to grey heather before finishing last st or your preferred color change method.)

With grey heather yarn yarn begin row 13....
R13: Ch. 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R14: Ch 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R15: Ch 2, turn work, hdc in each st across.

R16: Ch 2, turn work, hdc in each st across. Finish off, weave in tails.

Tassel edging first side:
****Match up the crochet part of the scarf with the tassel ****
See below images for demonstration on how to attach tassels.

Cut (16), 12 inch pieces of grey heather yarn. Fold two pieces of yarn in half, slip the loop portion into each side stitch of the scarf. Take the yarn ends and pull through loop tightly. 

Cut (12), 12 inch pieces of black yarn. Fold two pieces of yarn in half, slip the loop portion into each side stitch of the scarf. Take the yarn ends and pull through loop tightly. 

Cut (4), 12 inch pieces of royal blue yarn. Fold two pieces of yarn in half, slip the loop portion into each side stitch of the scarf. Take the yarn ends and pull through loop tightly. 

Once you are done, trim the tassels if they are uneven. I like that they didn't look perfectly straight.

Repeat on the other side. All Done! I hope the pattern wasn't too confusing. Please let me know if you have any questions. It is as hard as I thought it would be to write out! It's tough! I give so much credit to those who write out patterns for people like me!!!! :)

I hope the pattern wasn't too confusing. Please let me know if you have any questions. It was as hard as I thought it would be to write out this pattern! It's tough! I give so much credit to those who write out patterns for people like me!!!! :) Till next time!


I made a matching throw for my hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment